Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Lets Talk About Tarot



12-27-16 

Good morning. So, in the process of deciding to stay up until 3 am even though I had to be awake at 8 am the next moring; I finished reading Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld and loved it. I have always been an avid fan of the steampunk genre, so much that it made its way into my tarot deck.

The Steampunk Tarot by Barbara Moore may just be one of the most beautiful decks (at least by my standards) that I have ever seen. There are some other decks that I would have considered purchosing at the time, but after reading many posts and watching very many videos on buying a first tarot deck, I went with one I truly loved and connected with.

I personally think it is an easy deck to read and connect with, and it does follow (generally) Rider-Waite-Smith tradition. The obvious question would be "Why don't you own a traditional Rider-Waite?". I don't own one simply because I feel no personal connection with the deck, and if I needed to use it for any reason, I could borrow one from one of my friends. The imagery really never spoke to me, nor did the deck feel right when I held and shuffled it.

I believe its because I never really liked the pip cards, nor the color scheme used. That is not to say that it isn't a wonderfully practical deck for beginners and old hands alike, I just personally don't like to use it.

Q:Are there any decks you may like, or any you just haven't felt a connection to?

No comments:

Post a Comment